1300 W. Washington Street

Phoenix, AZ 85007-2996



Main: (602) 542-4242

Email: SecuritiesDiv@azcc.gov

Ask and Check
Before You Invest!

How to File an Investor Complaint

You can file a complaint with the Securities Division by U.S. mail, email, or facsimile. Please fill out the Investor Complaint Form and submit it, along with supporting documentation related to the investment, to the Securities Division. If you prefer to file your Securities Complaint Form with the Securities Division by U.S. mail or email, click here to download a PDF version. Please contact the Securities Division at (602) 542-0662 with any questions.

By Mail.  Send the completed form, together with copies of supporting documents relating to your investment, to:


Securities Division

Arizona Corporation Commission

1300 W. Washington St., 3rd Fl.

Phoenix, AZ 85007

By Email. You may email your completed form and supporting documents to the Securities Division.

By Facsimile. You may fax your completed complaint form and supporting documents to the Securities Division at 602-714-8120.

What information should you include in your complaint?

The more information you provide, the more likely the Securities Division will be able to promptly decide how to proceed.  The following information is critical to investigate the subject of your complaint:

Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other identifying information for any person or company mentioned in your complaint.

Details of any transaction or activity you think violates the Arizona Securities or Investment Management Acts.  Present the events in the order in which they happened, using dates whenever possible.

Copies of documents listed above, including email correspondence, relating to the transaction that is the subject of your complaint.

Signed declaration as to the truth and accuracy of your complaint.

Steps to Take if Your Complaint Involves a Securities Dealer

If you have a dispute with a securities firm or securities professional, you can first try to resolve it with the firm. If the person you are dealing with is not helpful, contact a supervisor in the firm or the firm's compliance department.

Review your customer account agreement to determine whether you have agreed to procedures regarding dispute resolution. Most customer account agreements require the investor to take any dispute to arbitration, and not directly to court.

If you are interested in learning more about the arbitration process, you can contact the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) or the Exchange with which your dealer is a member.

Remember, you are always entitled to file a complaint with the Securities Division, even if you go to arbitration.

Questions?  Contact the Registration and Compliance Duty Officer directly at 602-542-0326 or send an email with your inquiry.

What the Securities Division can do for investors:

  • Assign your complaint to an employee of the Securities Division for evaluation.
  • Make inquiries and/or conduct an investigaion to determine if a violation of the state of Arizona's securities or investment management laws has occurred.
  • Bring a regulatory action on behalf of the state of Arizona, which may include penalties and restitution.
  • Refer your complaint to other regulatory and law enforcement agencies.

What the Securities Division cannot do for investors:

Give you specific legal advice or refer you to a particular attorney or investment firm.

Recover money directly for you.  You may wish to employ a private attorney to assist you in the recovery of your investment funds.

Stay Connected

Check here to sign up for Consumer Alerts from the Corporation Division. To receive alerts for your business register at eCorp.azcc.gov.Please call 602-542-3026 with questions for the Corporations Division.

Check here to sign up for Notices and Agendas for Commission Meetings, Hearings and Appearances.Please call 602-542-3931 with any questions.

Check here to receive the latest Commission News Releases and information. Please call 602-542-0728 with any questions.

Arizona Corporation Commission

1200 W. Washington Street

Phoenix, AZ 85007


Corporations Division

1300 W. Washington Street

Phoenix, AZ 85007


Tucson Office (Walk-ins only)

400 W. Congress Street

Tucson, AZ 85701